The Accounts Receivable Generalist is responsible for the accounts receivable process. This is inclusive of cash application, collections, resolution of deduction balances, analyzing and reconciling any variances, as well as ensuring timely and effective collection efforts for all open receivables.
• This position will report to the Controller, Finance and will not have any direct reports.
• This position has internal contacts with commercial, finance as well as external contact with customer accounts payable and receivables departments.
• Perform daily cash application on all customer receipts
• Initiate collection efforts on any past due or disputed balances
• Provide timely review and identification of deduction claims, obtain supporting documentation and conduct review and analysis, coordinating with other functions as necessary to determine validity and dispute where required
• Perform account maintenance to identify any potential credit memo to deduction matches, and offset where applicable.
• Timely response to customer, external departments, and management inquiries, ensuring effective and thorough communication.
• Responsible for meeting month-end and quarter-end deadlines.
• Responsible for creating and maintaining reports for working capital analysis, metric maintenance as well as general ledger account analysis
• Other projects and duties as required/assigned
Specialized Skills and Knowledge:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting required
• Basic knowledge of financial analysis, cash management, and accounts receivable collections
• Prior AR & deduction resolution experience in the pharmaceutical industry
• Excel experience required
• Great Plains and SAP experience preferred;
• Experience 3-4 years in Accounts Receivable
• Detail oriented with ability to effectively manage time, prioritizing workload to meet changing demands
• Demonstrated problem solving skills
• Ability to identify issues and develop and implement effective solutions, while understanding when to escalate problems/issues
• Strong oral and written communication skills;
• Ability to use good judgment in making decisions independently;
• Ability to work with all levels of management through daily interface
Work is primarily sedentary in nature; routine bending, walking, lifting and reaching are required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Avet is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description is not all-inclusive. It acts as a guideline and is subject to change over time. Additional duties may be assigned based on business needs