The Senior Manager, Supply Chain, will provide support and oversight for managing movement, tracking, warehousing and shipping of finished goods. The Senior Manager will report directly to the Senior Vice President, Supply Chain and Project Management, and shall be located at the Company’s New Jersey headquarters.
• This position is an individual contributor.
• Responsible for managing movement, tracking, warehousing and shipping of finished goods.
• Ensure all Supply Chain processes are efficient and maintain cost performance metrics.
• Work with SVP, Supply Chain and Project Management on site qualification of CMO for current or new products. Manage the launch planning with CMO project team.
• Responsible for internal communications and presentations related to KPI’s, program updates and on-going program information.
• Lead projects to develop a best-in-class commercial distribution model.
• Manage and interact with suppliers of logistics, packaging, warehousing, and distribution as well as with internal Supply Chain to ensure that all relevant requirements of delivery, cost and quality are met.
• Establish and maintain finished dose and bulk replenishment plans based on the demand forecasts provided by Sales and Marketing team
• Ensure that the PO process is well organized and is conducted with meticulous attention to detail; Opening, Receiving, Short Closing of PO’s.
• Follow-up with internal manufacturing, third party CMO and CPO on replenishment plan on regular basis.
• Work with CMO to adjust supply plans based on the market requirements.
• Analyze, in conjunction with Marketing, potential customer product opportunities and awards.
• Ensure that production, purchasing, and quality are all engaged as needed to respond to the opportunity analysis.
• Establish and maintain key performance indicators for customer service, forecast accuracy and tracking, supplier level, and inventory at risk of expiry.
• Maintain and update Short Dated inventory and At-Risk inventory.
• Manage and report planned, in transit and inventory receipts in Warehouse management system and in ERP system.
• Identify potential product allocations, based on future supply schedules, and coordinate with Marketing to generate a back-order report.
• Document new project deliverables, identify competency gaps, determine training required, followed by development and delivery to in house participants
• Participate in cross functional projects across the business to effectively drive change in service, cost, and inventory.
• Support with the data collection, insights, modeling and reporting processes to improve management and decision making. Provide analysis to determine how key KPIs are tracking to goals.
• Work as a key member of the Supply Chain team to coordinate adequate stock levels across all SKUs.
• Coordinate metrics for S&OP.
• Each month review historical sales trends, research supply drivers, develop statistical operational forecast models, and evaluate operational forecast results
• Reconcile variances and refine the operational forecast model to reflect updated supply chain assumptions
• Update and monitor key performance indicators and diagnostics to ensure continual forecast improvement efforts and prepare written analyses, documentation, reports or other data of a quality requiring minimal supervisory review
• Collaborate with Supply Planners to develop inventory strategies for existing items, new products, and product phase-ins and phase-outs, identify and resolve changes in the forecast and their impact on the supply chain.
• Professionally challenge current and/or traditional ways of thinking and lead new ways/approaches.
Specialized Skills and Knowledge:
• BS degree is required. MBA is a plus.
• 5 + years of manufacturing production/operations, supply chain logistics, warehouse management experience required.
• Advance knowledge of Excel and capability to design and work with complex Spreadsheets
• Excellent Business analytics capability to interpret and present the data to aid critical decision making
• Functional ability using MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and MS Access.
• Familiarity with ERP Systems
o Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains
o SAP – Preferred
• Highly skilled project management and collaborative alignment capabilities. Ability to draw insights from data and develop collaborative solutions to supply chain challenges.
• Strong knowledge of GMP and experience working with Quality, Regulatory, and Technical Operations is necessary.
1. Strong attention to detail
2. Results Orientation – ability to create better ways of doing things, so that higher levels of performance are possible and can be replicated
3. Strong creative and conceptual thinking skills
4. Analytical and problem resolution skills. Ability to anticipate and detect issues and lead the prompt resolution to minimize or negate impact.
5. Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
6. Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well in a matrixed organization
Work is primarily sedentary in nature; routine bending, walking, lifting and reaching are required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Avet is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description is not all-inclusive. It acts as a guideline and is subject to change over time. Additional duties may be assigned based on business needs.
|Job Category||Supply Chain|