The position of Supply Chain Analyst will provide support to the Supply Chain Department. This individual will support and execute against the procurement strategy for Avet Pharma Labs manufacturing sites. This position will support commercial manufacturing, materials management, product development, clinical trials and Food and Drug Agency (FDA) filings ensuring the establishment of strong supplier relationships. This position will assist with the implementation and support of department policies to ensure the timely delivery of quality raw materials and packaging components necessary to support production. This position will assist in the day to day Materials Resource Planning and Production Scheduling for all Avet Pharma Labs commercial production (monitoring and creation of all purchase orders including the regular processing and inventory management) utilizing the SAP
procurement and purchase order system. The associate will also provide support for the reconciliation of all Avet Pharma generated invoices. This position will work closely with Operations and Finance to ensure adequate inventory levels are available while maximizing working capital requirements and product profitability. This
position will support the Supply Chain Manager with monitoring all the shipping and receiving of products/raw materials. This position will help SCM and Operations with governance and compliance of Drug Supply Chain Security Act in coordination with the Serialization specialist with in the Avet Pharma SCM group. This entails
monitoring several different warehouse locations, monitoring contracts, shipping rates etc. This position requires excellent analytical and system skills such as Excel and SAP. This individual must be proficient with Excel.
• This person is expected to work under minimal supervision. Work is reviewed
• upon completion for adequacy in meeting objectives.
• Follow Supply Chain Department procedures to ensure the uninterrupted supply of raw materials and packaging components to support commercial production.
• Minimize the cost of goods through support of effective supplier negotiations and the establishment of supply contracts for critical materials.
• Ensure Avet Pharma Labs receives a competitive advantage in the form of best pricing supplier support through the establishment of strong supplier relationships.
• Assist the Supply Chain Manger, warehousing and distribution of all APL commercial production with business partners.
• Responsible for planning the movement of bulk, components and other supplies to multiple sites to provide productive, cost effective and timely production of products and services. Managing all APL inventory.
• Assist the Supply Chain Manager in ensuring uninterrupted supply of quality materials in a cost-effective manner, consistent with overall profit goals of the company.
• Participate in carrier management processes, such as selection, qualification, or performance evaluation.
• Develop risk management programs to ensure continuity of supply in emergency
• Plan or implement improvements to internal or external logistics systems or processes.
• Plan or implement material flow management systems to meet production requirements.
• Review and maintain customer forecast on monthly basis.
• Update long term forecast for new products.
• Prepare forecast variance report on weekly/monthly basis.
• Prepare reports on slow moving or obsolete inventory.
• Providing monthly forecast to CMO’s and CPO’s.
• Process purchase orders and communicate with suppliers.
• Prepare documents for new products launches (Assignment of GTIN, Product set
• up sheet etc.)
• Provide operational support to SC functions including backup support and development for growth within Supply Chain.
• Control the level of raw material, update effectively and track suppliers on-time delivery in conjunction with annual supplier performance evaluations.
• Generate MRP (material requirements plan) to assist in determining material requirements for production.
• Work with affiliated business owners and development team within the Manufacturing area to communicate with users, business analysts, Quality
• Assurance team, and information technology personnel regarding issue resolution and the impact of system changes.
Specialized Skills and Knowledge:
• BA/BS degree with 1 – 2 years of experience
• ERP system proficiency (SAP Preferable) and purchasing functions.
• Experience with cGMP purchasing practices.
• Able to be aware of all relevant SOPs as per Company policy as they are related to the
• position covered by this Job Description.
• Strong experience and comprehension of MS Office programs — primarily MS Word
• and excel.
• Must be able to work in fast paced environment.
1. Analytical skills and Problem-solving skills
2. Attention to detail
3. Excellent communication skills
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand. The employee is frequently required to walk; sit; use hands; talk; and hear. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop; kneel; crouch. The employee must occasionally lift
and or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, and color vision.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be
met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to
perform the essential functions.
Avet is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description is not all-inclusive. It acts as a guideline and is subject to
change over time. Additional duties may be assigned based on business needs
|Job Category||Supply Chain|