The Associate HR Generalist supports the development and implementation of all HR Services and Programs. Provides day-to-day support to all areas of the human resources functions, including time & attendance, recruitment, immigration, benefits, compensation, compliance, and employee relations. The Associate HR Generalist builds strong relationships with employees at all levels and will offer site representation across all 4 locations in East Brunswick. This position will work on both daily and long-term projects within the HR department to ensure HR execution and performance in line with the company’s strategic objectives.
- This is an individual contributor role.
- Support all HR activities for new hire onboarding including offer letters, background checks, pre-employment drug screen scheduling, new hire paperwork (I-9, E-Verify, W-4, benefit enrollments) file creation, profile creation in ADP, and New Hire Orientation.
- Daily maintenance of the HRIS system including all types of employee changes as necessary; ensuring data integrity and accuracy.
- Daily monitoring and timely, accurate response to employee inquiries via the HR Inbox.
- Support benefit administration, and maintenance and offer support to all employees.
- Track Leave of Absence (LOA) process and assist employees with questions regarding LOA requests and related benefits.
- Assist employees with questions on all areas of human resources, inform VP, HR of common issues/concerns.
- Facilitate offboarding activities to include necessary notifications, exit interviews, and coordination with the HR team to process terminations.
- Assist in providing guidance to employees regarding policies and ensures all Company HR-related policies are applied consistently.
- Supports investigating and resolving employee relations issues, escalating when appropriate.
- Maintain various spreadsheets and generate standard/custom reports for HR data compliance.
- Organize, maintain, and update HR and employment records.
- Ensure compliance with Company policy, practices, procedures, and federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations.
- Assist and help coordinate employee-sponsored events.
- Adhere to all safety and cGMP standards and guidelines, and report unsafe conditions, near misses, and/or injuries in a timely manner.
- All other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Specialized Skills and Knowledge:
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s Degree with equivalent experience required
- Minimum 2 years of experience in Human Resources, manufacturing experience preferred
- Previous experience in ADP Workforce Now preferred
- Advanced experience in Microsoft Office 365
- Excellent communication skills
- Analytical and Problem Solving skills
- High attention to detail
- Proactive nature
- Prioritization and organizational skills
Work is primarily sedentary in nature; routine bending, walking, lifting, and reaching are required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
At Avet, we require that all employees physically entering the workplace to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, and you will be asked to present proof of vaccination before beginning employment unless you qualify for a reasonable accommodation based on a sincerely held religious belief or medical need.
Based on the highly regulated workplace at Avet, employees will be required to meet minimum English proficiency requirements.
All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. for any employer. We are unable to sponsor any applicants for a work visa or take over sponsorship of a work visa for any applicants, at this time.
All applicants will be expected to report to work at our New Jersey facility, however, in some limited cases, we may be willing to offer reimbursement of certain relocation expenses to an applicant based solely on the exercise of the Company’s discretion.
Avet is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description is not all-inclusive. It acts as a guideline and is subject to change over time. Additional duties may be assigned based on business needs.
|Job Category||Human Resources|