Leads and manages the day to day of Avet’s US supply chain function, overseeing the supply chain process at US and overseas manufacturing sites, CMO suppliers, warehouses, and distribution centers to maximize supply chain efficiencies and provide exceptional customer service. In partnership with the CFO, develops supply chain strategies, formulates policies, directs procurement, planning, and logistics; proposes strategies for acquisition of materials, planning, distribution of finished goods, and utilization of resources.
Provides oversight of procurement, planning, and logistics to support manufacturing operations while partnering with Quality, Sales, Marketing, and Finance. Leads the monthly S&OP processes between these departments.
This position reports to the CFO & EVP Supply Chain and is a pivotal contributor to the Senior Leadership Team.
- Provides strategic direction, leadership, and long-term objectives for the Planning (Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP) processes), Procurement, and Logistics groups.
- Partners with Manufacturing Operations Leaders to ensure timely and cost-effective delivery of all inbound materials utilized in the manufacturing process.
- Responsibilities include all facets of management of the planning, procurement and logistics functions, including but not limited to daily and long-term customer order fulfillment and inventory oversight.
- Provides guidance in make/buy decisions based on quality, schedule, and cost, and provides alternative manufacturing or design options that ensure intended performance, quality, schedule, and cost requirements.
- Responsible for measuring and reporting customer delivery information and expectations. Setting safety stock levels for raw materials and finished products. Responsible for ensuring that inventory plans support working capital objectives by balancing working capital targets, operating expenses, and customer service levels.
- Guides internal leaders/customers, as necessary, to ensure successful strategy implementation.
- Builds a strong, self-directed team centered on achieving operational targets in line with cost optimization initiatives.
This position is expected to work proactively and transparently in close collaboration with other functions within the organization.
Ensures all business activities follow applicable federal, state, and local laws, rules, and regulations, meeting the industry’s highest quality standards and customer expectations, including but not limited to serialization, VAWD, and good distribution practices.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
Bachelor’s degree required. Demonstrated ongoing professional education and current industry credentials.
- Minimum of 10 years of progressive business and management experience in the Pharmaceutical or Health Care industry within Supply Chain/Logistics.
- Experience in pharmaceutical manufacturing environments is required.
- Leadership experience in leading diverse teams, supporting products, and influencing cultural norms outside the U.S. is a must.
- Demonstrated excellence in integrating and simplifying diverse operating processes and customer touchpoints.
Competencies and Skills
- Demonstrated excellence in achieving process improvements and associated operating efficiencies
- Familiarity with Quality systems and compliance expectations across geographies. Able to respond nimbly to changes in regulation, safety issues, and government mandates.
- Strategic Mindset / Global Perspective – thinks strategically/broadly (& critical thinking) to effectively implement plans.
- Business Acumen / Customer Focus – understands the market, industry trends, and the complex ecosystem, and anticipates and uses customer insights that provide services beyond their expectations.
- Drives for Results / Ensures Accountability – sets aggressive goals, translates strategy into execution, promotes a sense of urgency, and persists in the face of challenges and setbacks.
- Leadership – has responsibilities that must be met through influence.
- Builds Teams and Develops Talent – develops diverse, high-performing teams in highly matrixed environments. Passion and ability to coach, mentor, and motivate individuals.
- Instills Trust – unquestionable integrity, ethics, and character.
- Financial Acumen – Able to transform financial information into business intelligence through analyzing and integrating quantitative and qualitative information.
Typical Office Environment requirements include: reading, speaking, hearing, close vision, walking, bending, sitting, and occasional lifting up to 20 pounds.
Additional Physical Requirements
International travel (up to 25%). Available for urgent situations based on customer needs.
At Avet, we require that all employees physically entering the workplace to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, and you will be asked to present proof of vaccination before beginning employment unless you qualify for a reasonable accommodation based on a sincerely held religious belief or medical need.
Based on the highly regulated workplace at Avet, employees will be required to meet minimum English proficiency requirements.
|Job Category||Supply Chain|