The Human Resources Specialist (HR Specialist) provides administrative support to all areas of the human resources functions, including time & attendance, recruitment, immigration, benefits, compensation, compliance, and employee relations. The HR Specialist will offer site representation across all 4 locations in East Brunswick. This position will work on both daily and long-term projects within the HR department to help execute departmental Human Resources Business Processes.
- This is an individual contributor
- Complete all necessary onboarding including paperwork for new hires (I-9, eVerify, w-2, employee enrollment in HRIS systems) and New Employee Orientation
- Daily maintenance of HRIS systems: entering new employees, terminating employees, changes as necessary; ensure data integrity
- Complete benefit administration, maintenance and offer support to all employees.
- Assist employees with questions on all areas of human resources, inform VP, HR of common issues/concerns
- Completes all compensation benchmarks for new roles, market adjustments and promotions.
- Manage company immigration cases which includes maintaining relationship with outside immigration attorney and supporting employee questions and requests.
- Provides full-cycle recruitment for various departments
- Maintain several HR spreadsheets related to payroll, employee changes, immigration etc.
- Audit bi-weekly timecards for hourly employees to make any necessary changes
- Organize HR department records and employment files
- All other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Specialized Skills and Knowledge:
- Bachelor’s Degree or Associates Degree with equivalent experience required
- 1-3 years of experience in Human Resources, manufacturing experience required
- Previous experience in ADP WorkforceNow preferred
- Advanced experienced in Microsoft Suite
- Attention to detail
Work is primarily sedentary in nature; routine bending, walking, lifting and reaching are required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Avet is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description is not all-inclusive. It acts as a guideline and is subject to change over time. Additional duties may be assigned based on business needs