The Manufacturing Operator II is responsible for performing manufacturing procedures and executing diverse tasks on various manufacturing equipment including but not limited to blending, coating, compression, encapsulation, granulation, and softgel. Additionally, the Operator will have extensive knowledge in at least two machines. Following company Standard Operating Procedures, the Operator II will execute set-up, operation, sanitization and cleaning of equipment. This position is responsible for adhering to current Good Manufacturing Practice (cGMP) guidelines and all Environmental, Health and Safety guidelines as well as maintaining high standards in compliance and quality.
• Individual Contributor
• Operates various Manufacturing machines with intermediate experience in accordance to standard operating procedures, including but limited to: blending, coating, compression, encapsulation, granulation, and softgel.
• Set-up, operate, sanitize, clean and troubleshoot multiple machines
• Good mechanical and troubleshooting knowledge within functional area
• Adheres to cGMP’s and SOP’s as required
• Support ongoing production through efficiency, schedule and teamwork
• Assure manufacturing facility, processes and equipment meets all requirements
• Offer suggestions and follow up on process improvements related to safety, compliance, cost, and productivity
• Properly document activities in batch records, forms and other GMP documents
• Reports both machine or manual deviations to supervisor or designee
• Train other helpers and operators (I and II) on procedures as needed
• Maintain good housekeeping and keep equipment and environment clean in accordance with SOP’s
• All other duties as assigned
Specialized Skills and Knowledge:
• High school diploma or equivalent with 3-5 years’ experience
• Basic math skills; basic computer skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
• Ability to work in a team and collaborate with other departments
• Working knowledge of cGMP’s and SOP’s
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand. The employee is frequently required to walk; sit; use hands; talk; and hear. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop; kneel; crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and or move up to 44 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and color vision.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Avet is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description is not all-inclusive. It acts as a guideline and is subject to change over time. Additional duties may be assigned based on business needs.