This role will be onsite at our East Brunswick, NJ location, 5 days a week.
The Production Helper I is responsible for assisting the Manufacturing Operators on all equipment, including but not limited to dispensing, blending, coating, compression, encapsulation, granulation, and softgel. Following company Standard Operating Procedures, the Production Helper I will assist set-up, sanitization and cleaning of equipment. This position is responsible for adhering to current Good Manufacturing Practice (cGMP) guidelines and all Environmental, Health and Safety guidelines as well as maintaining high standards in compliance and quality.
- Individual Contributor
Assists Manufacturing Operators and Helper II in the production cycle including set-up, sanitization and cleaning.
- Accurate and punctual completion of document activities on batch record and logbooks
- Adheres to cGMP’s and SOP’s as required
- Reports any process or material discrepancies or atypical observations to the supervisor or designee
- Support ongoing production through efficiency, schedule and teamwork
- Handles materials used in productions such as moving pallets, containers and equipment
- Maintain good housekeeping and keeps equipment and environment clean in accordance with SOP’s
- Offer suggestions and follow up on process improvements related to safety, compliance, cost, and productivity
- Adhere to all safety and cGMP standards and guidelines, and report unsafe conditions, near misses, and/or injuries in a timely manner.
- All other duties as assigned
Specialized Skills and Knowledge:
- High school diploma with 6+ months of experience in pharmaceutical manufacturing
- Basic math skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Ability to work in a team and collaborate with other departments
- Familiar with cGMP’s and operates in adherence to SOP’s
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand. The employee is frequently required to walk; sit; use hands; talk; and hear. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop; kneel; crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and color vision.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. for any employer. We are unable to sponsor any applicants for a work visa, or take over sponsorship of a work visa for any applicants, at this time
At Avet, we require that all employees physically entering the workplace to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, and you will be asked to present proof of vaccination before beginning employment unless you qualify for a reasonable accommodation based on a sincerely held religious belief or medical need.
Based on the highly regulated workplace at Avet, employees will be required to meet minimum English proficiency requirements.
Avet is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description is not all-inclusive. It acts as a guideline and is subject to change over time. Additional duties may be assigned based on business needs.
|Job Category||Production, Production/Manufacturer|