Lead direct reports within the Production Department to ensure its capability to deliver quality product, on time, safely and effectively to meet our customers’ needs. Work with the Operations & Quality Leadership Team to develop a culture of accountability, empowerment, continuous improvement, customer focus, collaboration celebration of good work and involvement and development of all people within production. Maintain high standards for Safety and cGMP’s, and manufacturing efficiency.
- This position has direct reports of production operators and helpers.
- Ensure that, during all manufacturing operations, the site’s safety and quality and compliance metrics are met or surpassed while meeting corporate and site standards and policies.
- Alert management of any potential deviations or infractions in a timely manner and assist in investigation.
- Ensure that all employees training curriculums are up to date.
- Assure all batch records are reviewed, corrected and submitted to Quality on time.
- Plan and establish work schedules, assignments, and production sequences to meet production goals.
- Effectively communicate and flow down objectives to all employees.
- Assist with production related projects as directed by Operation Director and Leaders.
- Attend manufacturing related meetings on time.
- Review attendance records, PTO time and approve/deny employee time-off requests and take disciplinary action as required.
- Participate in the recruitment, selection, promotion, and retention of production personnel.
- Direct manpower as needed, resolve conflict and assume all aspects of leadership
Specialized Skills and Knowledge:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent plus 7 years related experience with 1 or more years of supervisory experience in a manufacturing/production environment
- Experience in oral solid dosage preferred
- Experience and knowledge of cGMP and compliance issues.
- Proven knowledge of Company supported application software (i.e. Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel, Power Point, SAP).
- Ability to lead with a positive and credible demeanor that builds trust.
- Ability to build and maintain collaborative relationships between teams, departments and business units.
- Ability to organize, prioritize work in the pace of shifting demands and tight deadlines.
- Adhere to all safety and cGMP standards and guidelines, and report unsafe conditions, near misses, and/or injuries in a timely manner.
- Quality Focus
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand. The employee is frequently required to walk; sit; use hands; talk; and hear. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop; kneel; crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and color vision.
At Avet, we require that all employees physically entering the workplace to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, and you will be asked to present proof of vaccination before beginning employment unless you qualify for a reasonable accommodation based on a sincerely held religious belief or medical need.
Based on the highly regulated workplace at Avet, employees will be required to meet minimum English proficiency requirements.
All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. for any employer. We are unable to sponsor any applicants for a work visa or take over sponsorship of a work visa for any applicants, at this time.
All applicants will be expected to report to work at our New Jersey facility, however, in some limited cases, we may be willing to offer reimbursement of certain relocation expenses to an applicant based solely on the exercise of the Company’s discretion.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Avet is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description is not all-inclusive. It acts as a guideline and is subject to change over time. Additional duties may be assigned based on business needs.