Collaborates closely with Quality and Operations management and other cross-functional teams – is responsible for providing and overseeing a range of learning opportunities to ensure employees across the organization have the skills needed to be effective and compliant in their roles/functions.
This position has no direct reports.
- Supports the organization to ensure all appropriate personnel are trained in current, effective procedures pertaining, and in accordance and relating, to Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs) and applicable Food and Drug Administration (FDA) standards.
- Works as System Administrator/Coordinator for the future learning management system.
- Develops and implement training curriculum that explains technical concepts in a straightforward, visually engaging manner that is tailored to the audience and leverages adult learning principles
- Works to define, design, develop, maintain and deliver exceptional technical training materials in multiple modalities, including eLearning, videos, labs, and instructor-led classroom training
- Works with various departments to promote, employ and implement the principles of instructional design to achieve a best-in-class training program and align assigned training activities to support organizational goals.
- Delivers instructor-led training to team members in both virtual and traditional group presentation settings
- Handles identifying, evaluating and administering online learning resources when requested and/or appropriate
- Conducts evaluation of training and development interventions for input into ongoing talent development strategy
- Analyzes and assesses quality and compliance training needs (new and existing) within defined areas of business. Identify training gaps and develop a strategy to close them.
- Creates and update training activities tracker.
- Supports inspection requests for training reports.
Specialized Skills and Knowledge:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a biotech/pharmaceutical, GMP, or FDA regulated environment, preferably in a training or leadership capacity
- Working knowledge of GMP’s and/or GxP’s and understanding of pharmaceutical manufacturing process, related equipment and purpose and function of those processes
- Deep knowledge of adult learning principles and experience in applying those principles to all types of learning interventions
- Experience in training to those who may not be familiar with cGMP concepts
- Experience with the preparation and delivery of training materials; both in person and virtually
- Ability to quickly learn and understand complex technical and scientific information as it relates to training and compliance responsibilities
- Ability to digitize existing training material
- Familiarity with current Learning Management Systems/Platforms
- Excellent presentation skills and a proven track record of delivering successful training and presentations
- Drive for results; demonstrates persistence and goal-setting orientation
- Must be highly organized and have well-developed decision-making, interpersonal and communication skills in a team environment.
- Ability to influence without direct authority
- Ability to work well in a matrix reporting structure.
- Time oriented – must be able to complete tasks and projects in a timely manner.
Work is primarily sedentary in nature; routine bending, walking, lifting, and reaching are required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Avet is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description is not all-inclusive. It acts as a guideline and is subject to change over time. Additional duties may be assigned based on business needs.