- Performing routine lab tests to ensure that products meet quality standards
- Recording test results and identifying problems or inconsistencies with samples or procedures
- Cleaning equipment and maintaining supplies to ensure that the lab is in good working order
- Maintaining inventory of supplies and reordering items as needed
- Mixing solutions and preparing reagents for experiments as directed by scientists and lab managers
- Assisting with the setup and breakdown of equipment when needed
- Preparing samples for analysis by collecting, measuring, mixing, titrating, filtering, weighing, or labeling substances
- Following safety procedures when handling chemicals or equipment in order to reduce the risk of accidents or injury
- All other job related duties.
Specialized Skills and Knowledge:
- Working knowledge of a variety of laboratory analytical techniques and instruments including many of the following: pH meters, Analytical balances, Hardness tester and Friabilator etc.
- Understands and uses good quantitative techniques in performing analytical tests and has the math skills to ensure correct calculation of the final result.
- Has the ability to understand and follow written methodologies in accordance with cGMP standards. Understands and applies USP general chapters.
- Computer skills for operation of laboratory equipment and for data processing/storage.
- Working knowledge and interpretations of cGMP.
- Verbal and written Communication/Job Knowledge
- Planning, Coordination, Initiative and Team work
- Ability to work in team based environment
- Minimum Associate’s Degree in with science related field. Experience in Wet chemistry, dissolution, raw material sampling, cleaning sampling is plus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand. The employee is frequently required to walk; sit; use hands; talk; and hear. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop; kneel; crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and color vision.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
At Avet, we require that all employees physically entering the workplace to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, and you will be asked to present proof of vaccination before beginning employment unless you qualify for a reasonable accommodation based on a sincerely held religious belief or medical need.
Based on the highly regulated workplace at Avet, employees will be required to meet minimum English proficiency requirements.
All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. for any employer. We are unable to sponsor any applicants for a work visa or take over sponsorship of a work visa for any applicants, at this time.
Avet is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description is not all-inclusive. It acts as a guideline and is subject to change over time. Additional duties may be assigned based on business needs.