This role is based on site at our East Brunswick, NJ facility, 5 days a week.
Packaging Operator is an entry-level position in the packaging department. Packing Operator I is responsible for performing packaging procedures and executing diverse task on various packaging equipment including but not limited to setup, cleanup, sanitization, material movement and safely operating the package equipment to perform packaging function such as filling, capping, labeling, and packing containers in accordance with Packaging batch record. This position is responsible for following company SOPs and adhering to cGMP guidelines and all environmental, health and safety guidelines as well as maintaining high standards in compliance and quality during operations.
- This position has no direct reports.
- Set up, operate, clean, and sanitize packaging lines.
- Assist operators in performing their job functions.
- Trouble shooting and correcting machine operation.
- Assist team in meeting packaging production requirements.
- Assist with training of other helpers and operator (I)personnel.
- Adhere to all safety and cGMP standards and guidelines, and report unsafe conditions, near misses, and/or injuries in a timely manner.
- All other job-related duties.
Specialized Skills and Knowledge:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Experience in pharmaceutical manufacturing environment preferred.
- Packaging operator qualification.
- Basic mathematical skills.
- Ability to read and write English.
- Must complete departmental SOP, GMP and Qualification.
- Good mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Good dexterity and eye-hand coordination.
- Walking, standing and ability to lift 20 Kg (44 lbs.).
- Adaptability and initiative
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand. The employee is frequently required to walk; sit; use hands; talk; and hear. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop; kneel; crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and or move up to 44 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and color vision.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
At Avet, we require that all employees physically entering the workplace to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, and you will be asked to present proof of vaccination before beginning employment unless you qualify for a reasonable accommodation based on a sincerely held religious belief or medical need.
Based on the highly regulated workplace at Avet, employees will be required to meet minimum English proficiency requirements.
All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. for any employer. We are unable to sponsor any applicants for a work visa or take over sponsorship of a work visa for any applicants, at this time.
Avet is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description is not all-inclusive. It acts as a guideline and is subject to change over time. Additional duties may be assigned based on business needs.
|Job Category||Packaging, Production/Manufacturer|