Key Job Requirements
Position Title: Site Management Technician
Functional Area and Department: Maintenance
Reports to (Title): Maintenance Engineer
Location: 21 Cotters/16 Elkins
The Site Management Technician is critical to maintaining building facilities and utility equipment in proper operation by troubleshooting breakdowns and performing necessary repairs.
- This position has direct reports.
- Perform repairs of building facilities (patch/paint, plumbing repair, electrical repair, etc.).
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of building facilities and utility equipment during.
- Assist Engineers to perform mechanical, electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic troubleshooting and repair of packaging and production equipment.
- Make routine, periodic, or special inspections to determine repair and maintenance work necessary to prevent breakdowns of facilities, machinery, and equipment.
- Cleaning of utility equipment/areas.
- Servicing & cleaning of dust collection units and the solids separation pit.
- Maintain pest-free facilities.
- Snow removal.
- Drive and load/unload truck.
- Adhere to all safety and cGMP standards and guidelines, and report unsafe conditions, near misses, and/or injuries in a timely manner.
Specialized Skills and Knowledge:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Perform work in more than one of the maintenance trades: carpentry, plumbing, painting, machine and equipment repair, electrical and forklift operation.
- Moderate Functional Knowledge of Maintenance Trades
- Technical Knowledge
- Functional Knowledge
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand. The employee is frequently required to walk; sit; use hands; talk; and hear. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop; kneel; crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 55 pounds. The employee is required to be able to move heavy equipment/parts by physical and/or mechanical means. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and color vision.
All roles: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Avet is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description is not all-inclusive. It acts as a guideline and is subject to change over time. Additional duties may be assigned based on business needs.